Figures in Business Investment
Pioneering the denim industry with game-changing products, Calik Denim constantly raises its current quality with modernization studies. As the first textile brand of Malatya, Calik Denim employs over 1900 people in its integrated production facility.
The company has made an investment of over 100 million $ within the last 5 years. The amount of investment made in 2016 alone has reached 80 million TL. 50% of all investments were made on items related to the direct capacity increase where as the other half was used to improve and develop existing conditions.
Renovation activities that took place in 2016 include;
- Applying frequency inverters to the pump motors of air conditioning in yarn, rope winding and unclamping facilities
- Electricity saving with electronic ballast in magnetic ballasted armature.
- Adopting the use of LED instead of fluorescent lighting to save electricity
- Adopting central air conditioning in weaving facilities.
- Energy saving with polycarbonate panel application on ceilings,
- Natural gas saving with applying waste heat recuperative to stretching machines.
- Detailed energy studies,
- Installation of Energy Consumption Monitoring System.
- Monitoring the consumption of electricity, steam, air and water in all machines with Automatization and Scada Systems.
- Development studies on electricity savings and security with Dry-type Transformers and BUSBAR Systems.
- Machine modernization
- Expansion Investments,
- Renovation of existing technologies
- Studies on higher productivity,
- Studies on lower costs,
- Training of employees.