LCA (Life Cycyle Assesment)
Life Cycle Assessment is a comprehensive evaluation method, which assesses the environmental impacts and resources consumed throughout a product’s/service’s/process’ life cycle starting from raw material acquisition, through production and usage steps up to waste management, according to ISO 14040/44 standards. All attributes and aspects of natural environment, human health and resources are extensively taken into consideration by LCA.
LCA creates many advantages such as:
• Measurement and management of environmental sustainability of products and production systems throughout several life cycle stages.
• Identifying the significant environmental impacts of products at each stage of their life cycle.
• Comparison of product sustainability at production throughout the application of improvements.
• Encouraging the demand for products with less negative environmental impact.
• Optimization of procurement processes.
• Providing confidence for stakeholders.